Tuesday 15 July 2014

Digital Graphics Evaluation


Digital Graphics Evaluation
Beth Wilson

Movie Poster/ DVD Sleeve/ Magazine Cover


When coming up with an idea for my movie poster and dvd sleeve I wanted to make something off my own. When thinking of ideas it had been recently Halloween and I got a red riding hood costume, so I decided that it would be a good idea to use the costume again for digital graphics, saving me money on a different idea. When I was looking at over movies I realised that a lot of film companies have changed the original fairy tale stories to a different plot like horror or just remade it with current actors. So I decided to turn ‘Little Red Riding Hood’ into ‘Red Hood’ a thriller.

When thinking of ideas on what should be on the front I thought it would be good to not see red riding hoods face to make it more mysterious to go with the story line I thought up for the back of the DVD sleeve.

‘A chilling thriller in a village far in the forest mysterious murders were happening, innocent people were framed and hung. Even though the supposed murders were dead there were still murders happening, people were always looking past one person, because of there innocent looks, but looks can be deceiving.’

In the end I was happy with the outcomes with the Movie poster and DVD sleeve for my own interpretation of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’




For the Magazine cover I decided to do a music magazine as I have a boyfriend, Danny, in an unsigned band. I thought it would be good to have him as the main photo on the cover. My original idea was to have his whole band as the big picture but I didn’t end up getting a good enough photo so chose one of just Danny singing and playing guitar. I think the final edit of the magazine cover came out really well as the photo went on the page really well so I could put writing around the edge explaining what else is in the ‘Fret’ magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment